Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hobospiration

(Note: "Hobospiration" is a combination of the words "Hobo" and "Inspiration", not "Hobo" and "Perspiration".)

I admire Woody Guthrie. I don't know too much about him, but I know hobos like him. And I think he probably got a lot of inspiration from hanging around the common hobo. (One day, I'll talk about how David Lee Roth got inspiration from hanging around the super hobo.)

If I were to one day decide that I wanted to become a great musician and singer, I would probably take a few weeks off of work and ride the rails with the common hobo and get plenty of hobospiration. I imagine I could probably gain enough life experience in those few weeks to be able to write at least one album, if not two.

I would probably also release an EP of stabbing songs (aka "hobo spirituals").

No comments: