Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Could Be An Editor

I've been mulling over an idea to edit and compile a hobo cookbook. However, the problems are many. Chief among them, Chief, is the fact that I don't know any hobos. Second, I don't have any spare cash to print anything up at Kinkos. Thirdly, cookbooks need recipes and I have exactly one recipe, and it's not even a recipe really, it's just grilled bologna at this point.

But, I'm not going to give up on the idea just yet.

Aside from the three biggest obstacles mentioned above, there is also the concern about hobo compensation. How much would I pay the hobos. Would they want money? Smokes? Ham? I have no idea. Also, my other main concern would be legitimacy of recipes. I don't want Big Leg Little Leg giving me a recipe for lemon carp if there's never been such a thing. I'm looking for recipes that have stood the test of time, not stuff that hobos think up on the fly for a pack of Reds.

Time will tell if this thing has legs. It wouldn't be the first cookbook I've started that fell by the wayside.

3 comments:

Jerry Mathers said...

"Rib Sticking Recipes". The book's title pretty much wrote itself.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Any decent hobo cookbook must contain scrambles eggs with pork brains. That and fried bologna should cover it for you. A desrt would be nice though.