Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hobo Hot Pocket

I'm not sure if I've told you guys this one before, but when I was a kid, we would always go to my Grandma's for Sunday Dinner. I would always take a roll and carve out a hole with a butterknife and then stuff that roll full of applesause, pot roast, corn, and whatever else went deliciously with applesauce, meat and corn.

And then I would eat the hell out of it!

I think this would be a great addition to any hobo-based cookout. Perhaps a roll carved out and stuffed with fried bologna and applesauce. You could even add a corn salsa for a little fiber.

And think of the possibilities of eating a complete meal with one hand free. Not only do you have one hand free to stab, but you also have the ability to defend yourself from being stabbed! Aside from tasteability, feasible livelihood may be the biggest benefit of the Hobo Hot Pocket.

And even ignoring the obvious stabbing feature the Hobo Hot Pocket provides, you don't have to make a big production out of supper. The handheld aspect of the HHP is perfect for the hobo on the go who doesn't have time to sit and fix a couple of dumplings and a couple of ears of feed corn that you came upon in Truitt County.

I think I'm on to something here. Let me know!

Oh! And what if we deep-fried it!?!

3 comments:

Derek said...

I think you are just mocking us with the deep-fried comment

Tony said...

Mocking deep-frying? Those are fighting words, fyi.

Derek said...

I'm just saying... You desert us for a month, then come back with deep-fried biscuits stuffed with corn and many examples of wonderful meat... Its either your version of 2 dozen roses or you are mocking our loyalty to hobo cuisine blogs