Tuesday, April 15, 2008

An Apology

I've always been called an abandoner by everybody I've ever left forever, and I was afraid for a while that that would happen with Hoboburger, but I really don't want it to. I want this to work. For all of us.

But then as I thought about my absence, I couldn't help but notice a perfect sense of symmetry about a writer of a hobofoods blog disappearing for awhile.

After all, it wouldn't be a blog about hobos and hobofoods if you didn't go a long period without hearing from me.

But I'll admit, I didn't plan this "vacation", it just sort of happened. I feel like I owe you an explanation, especially after all of the emails and comments about this blog's future. However, due to HERPA (Hobo-E-Related Preparatory Act), legally, I do not have to disclose my whereabouts over the past month, and I'd prefer to abide by the law this time.

So I guess this is just my announcement announcing the announcement of my return announcement (this is also my return announcement, so don't expect one of those).

But to get back on track--if you will--traveling season is upon us, make sure you leave a little something on the stoop for the Rustic Americans in your neighborhood. Even if it's crappy, they'll make something tasty out of it--unless it has sour cream, which is a worthless hobo food as it doesn't travel and nobody likes sour cream and biscuits.

Thanks again for all of your letters. I am fine and am happy to be back. Please stop calling me though.

And please stop sending me pictures of your surgeries. The human form loses something when it is beset with tubes, imo.

No comments: