Thursday, February 14, 2008

Like, zoinks!

Growing up, I always thought Shaggy and Scooby made the best food on tv. And I still feel that Scooby Snacks are probably the most delicious hand-snack ever invented, even though I'm sure it's just some type of chicken-based product. But I wonder how much my opinions of Shaggy and Scooby's culinary skills would have changed had they been hobos instead of dirty hippies.

Perhaps I would have then marveled at their ingenuity instead of their sandwichery.

I can tell you this though, if Shaggy and the gang were all hobos, I'd bet money that Scooby Snacks would just be brown dumplings. And there's no way I'm going spelunking down a haunted cave for frickin' dumplings. No way.

And I doubt two lovers of food such as Shaggy and Scooby would be so manipulatable for fried dumplings out of a box.

There would be no bribery.

I don't care if you give Shaggy six Scooby Snacks, he's not stabbing Tuxedo Joe when the train stops in Geary, Oklahoma for some blasted dumplings--no matter how much Fred and Velma beg and plead.

Go stab 'em yourself, Fred. You jerk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not a comment about this, but the poll.

The most appealing part of a cooking show starring a hobo is that you wouldn't have to deal with the 'hobo stench' which would doubtlessly be the worst part of dealing with hobos, and is also the only reason watching "Survivor" was ever tolerable.

Hmmm...what if there was a "Hobo Survivor" reality show?

Or "Hobo Big Brother" where a bunch of hobos that didn't know each other had to all live in the same freight car for 6 weeks as it rumbles down the rails across this great land.

That would be awesome. Except that by the end of week 3, where everybody starts to drive one another nuts, there would be nobody left alive because the only recourse for a hobo against interpersonal frustration is STABSTABSTABSTAB!!!