Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Series: Benefits Of Being A Hobo

Bill Walton won't criticize you for your performance.

I have been criticized by folks in my time, and it's not fun. But I have never been criticized by Bill Walton. Now I don't take that to mean that he approves of what I do; I take it to mean that he has no idea who I am. And in this sense, I know what it feels like to be a hobo. And you know what? It feels pretty darn good. Hobos never need to feel the sting of being told to "get a rebound" or "make a shot". Walton will never walk up to them and tell them to "fry that dumpling" or "ferment this orange". I'm not saying the hobo life is an easy one, but not being critized by Bill Walton has to make life a little bit easier than it otherwise would be.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You also probably will never get called a 'trbl knucklehead' by Sir Charles.

Although I'd imagine it's perfectly within the realm of possibility that Bill Simmons would write a column insulting you if you happened to be a hobo that spent time in Vegas.

Derek said...

I think all these people might last less time with a hobo than Moby, in our previous examble

Unknown said...

I think a hobo would stab Bill Simmons to death, stab him all the way back to life, and then stab him to death again.

Then he'd steal his Tom Brady Jersey and sell it for some bologna.

You don't want to even know or think what a hobo would do to Greg Doyell.